Preparing students for academic success while giving them the opportunity to train and compete at their highest potential in winter sport.
The Winter Sports School in Park City first opened its doors in June, 1994 to seventeen students. Since then we have grown to an approximate capacity of 60 students - enough to ensure a robust educational, extracurricular, and social environment for our entire student body, yet still small and intimate enough to provide a flexible and individualized experience for each student.
In addition to the required elements for operating as a highly reputable college preparatory program, the Winter Sports School prides itself on offering a unique combination of advantages to its student and parent community:
• Open since 1994, we have amassed an impressive record in placing our graduates at the college or university of their choice.
• We are a full-year program, not just a winter tutoring program.
• In fact, we do not operate during the winter at all – our full-year academic calendar runs from mid-April to mid-November, leaving our students free to train and compete during the winter.
• With a student:teacher ratio of 4:1, we provide a highly personalized educational experience for each student.
• We do not package sports coaching staff with our educational services – our students are free to work with coaches of their choice, anywhere in the world.
• We are located in one of the most conveniently accessible mountain and winter sport locales in the world, with all the amenities of a major metropolitan area less than 30 miles away.
• Our students have access to world class facilities in all winter sports, including mountain resorts, ice sport arenas, and one of only two bobsled, luge, and skeleton tracks in the United States.
• Despite our small size, our involvement with the greater Park City community and public school district allow our students to participate in a range of extracurricular activities typically associated with schools many times our size.
The Winter Sports School in Park City provides an educational opportunity that is unduplicated anywhere in the world. Our schedule allows student athletes to focus all of their attention on studies when they are in school and on their chosen sport when the season is underway.
The academic and athletic success of the Winter Sports School community over the past seventeen years is remarkable. Our graduates have gone on to win Olympic, International, National, Collegiate and junior titles in multiple sports. While these athletic results are impressive we want it to be clear that our core purpose is to insure that our graduates are prepared to succeed at any college or university.
There is no other school which provides this balance between academics and athletics. The Winter Sports School is not for everyone. It is designed for those who have the passion to be their best in sports and in education. The Winter Sports School is about self fulfillment.