Peace House is dedicated to ending family violence and abuse through education, outreach, support services and shelter.
Peace House was founded in 1995 by a group of concerned citizens, shaken by the murders of two local women.
Peace House Programs
- Education. Peace House sends trained prevention educators to classrooms throughout Summit and Wasatch Counties, educating students with age-appropriate materials about domestic abuse. Peace House also provides educational presentations throughout the community, creating awareness of domestic abuse and the services available for help.
Peace House educates more than 6,000 students each year.
- Outreach & Support. The Outreach Program identifies at-risk families, teaching them the tools necessary to avoid violent family crisis situations. The bi-lingual program includes education, direct intervention, case management and group support. The program is designed to break the cycle of domestic violence through understanding, planning and action. Outreach offices are located in Park City, Heber City, Coalville and Kamas, UT.
Last year Peace House has assisted more than 600 women & children through its outreach & support programs.
- Shelter. Peace House provides safe shelter for families when no other option to escape domestic violence exists. The Shelter provides temporary safe housing for families while they acquire skills and resources necessary to begin violence-free lives.
Last year Peace House provided safe shelter and support for nearly 120 women & children.
Peace House FAQs
- Peace House was established in 1995.
- Peace House provides all services free of charge to families fleeing violence in the home.
- The Peace House service area includes both Summit and Wasatch Counties.
- The Shelter is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
- The Shelter is licensed to house up to 15 women and children, plus two infants.
- The Shelter is approximately 3,400 square feet and includes a kitchen, small living area, five bedrooms, five bathrooms and a basement - with food panty, laundry and small storage.