We enrich community by providing innovative experiences that entertain, educate & illuminate.
We believe arts and ideas matter. We are continually seeking ways to serve our community by bringing arts and ideas into as many lives as possible.
We bring performing arts from the international stage to the Park City stage, for the illumination of residents and visitors alike.
- This season alone, we have presented Kristin Chenoweth, Ailey II, Paula Poundstone, Sara Watkins, Anne Deavere Smith and Cirque Mechanic's Birdhouse Factory, to make a few, to rave reviews and broad community support.
- Our fifteen performances this year are guaranteed to make you laugh and cry and elevate your spirit. Our season ends with Vox Lumiere - Peter Pan (March 23), DanceBrazil (March 30) and ETHEL with Todd Rundgren (April 6).
We sell tickets and sponsorships to all our events so that we can honor our mission give tickets to the underserved. 20% of our audiences are subsidized, including:
- Summit County senior citizens; Treasure Mountain Middle School Leadership class; Latinos in Action; Peace House clients; local police and firefighters, Holy Cross Ministries clients; bus drivers and snow plow drivers and more, so much more.
We bring nationally recognized performers into the classroom to mentor and inspire our local students and their teachers.
- Every act costs us more because we pay larger fees to have them participate in teaching activities, for multiple days which require increased accommodations, food and transportation.
We present the St. Regis Big Stars, Bright Nights concert series at Deer Valley Resort each summer under the stars.
- We continue to offer subsidized tickets to these performances as well.
- On the Deer Valley Stage we bring you iconic singers and songwriters and bands you're gonna want to know. Think back to Bonnie and Willie and Lyle but also One Republic, Civil Twilight, Ryan Bingham and Joe Bonamasso.
We provide free, after-school, one-on-one, literacy tutoring at the Mega-Genius Supply Store and IQ HQ located on Swede Alley in Old Town.
- Inspired by Dave Eggers’ 826Valencia.org – not school; not home; someplace caring and nurturing in between. Because the literary arts are still the arts.
- Our students show marked improvement in their studies because of the individiual attention they receive here. Last we saw more than 1,500 student visits!
We gather the thinky people in the community for unforgettable TEDxParkCity and other illuminating experiences.
- TEDxParkCityWomen on December 1, 2012
- Girl Rising Film Screening on March 20, 2013
- TEDXChange will be held on April 3th, 2013
We organize Curiosities, curated salon-style evenings, several times a year for the idea-hungry.
- Fine food, fine wine, amazing speakers, with well mixed audience members to encourage stimulating conversations.