Friends of the Summit County Library
WHAT ARE FRIENDS ?
Friends are a group of citizens in the community who have a common concern for their library’s active expansion and participation in community life. They have conviction that good library service is important to everyone.
The Friends of the Summit County Library is a non-profit organization involved in improving your library services and resources.
Friends support the library through activities that include volunteer service, cultural, educational and recreational events, and financial assistance for the continuing improvement of library equipment and inventories.
A membership entitles you to the Friends’ newsletter, library calendar of events and voting privileges at the annual meeting.
- To create public support for an expanding library program.
- To encourage gifts, endowments and memorials for the library.
- To increase library hours.
- To recruit volunteers to aid librarians.
- To sponsor programs designed to add to the cultural life of the community.
- To bring public attention to outstanding achievements of the library staff.
- To intensify community awareness and use of the library by informing the public about the libraries’ services. Also to make aware the needs of the community to the library staff.
- To provide direct financial assistance by purchasing for the library special and unusual items that would be of great benefit but cannot be purchased from the budget. Also provide fundraising assistance for future growth in facilities.
Join the Conversation
for this Cause
Anyone can set up a fundraiser for this charity. It's quick. It's easy.
And it's free!