Community Action Services and Food Bank is dedicated to fostering self-reliance in individuals, families, and communities.
Community Action Services and Food Bank is an non-profit organization that provides emergency assistance and long-term support to help families in poverty become self-reliant. We serve residents of Utah, Summit and Wasatch Counties. Along with other programs, we operate the food bank that serves this region. Our programs include:
- The Community Action Food Bank and four food pantries. In 2011, an average of 2,100 families a month received food assistance from this program
- A Family Development Program that assists families with finding stable housing, employment and other basic necessities
- A Home Buyer and Mortgage Counseling Program that educates residents on home ownership and helps prevent foreclosures
- The Circles Initiative which is a two year program that helps individuals living in generational poverty recognize and overcome their barriers to self-reliance
- The Backpack for Kids food program which provides food to low-income elementary aged children on the weekends